Arkane Austin en uitgever Bethesda geven de co-op vampire shooter Redfall niet op ondanks dat de game negatief werd ontvangen op release en momenteel heel weinig actieve spelers heeft.
Game update 2 wordt nu uitgerold met veel bug fixes en stabiliteits-aanpassingen. Dat was nodig, want Redfall had enorm veel technische problemen waaronder vervelende crashes. Arkane heeft ook eindelijk een Performance-modus toegevoegd aan de Xbox-versie van Redfall. Gamers op de Xbox Series S en X, kunnen nu de game op 60FPS spelen. Voorheen was alleen een Fidelity-modus speelbaar op een vaste 30 FPS. Of deze update het begin is van een redemption arc voor Redfall, net als Bethesda dat heeft gedaan met Fallout 76, moet nog blijken. In ieder geval geeft Bethesda niet op en zegt de game te gaan repareren. De volledige patch notes van update 2 zijn hieronder te vinden.
Redfall is verkrijgbaar voor de PC, Xbox Series S en Xbox Series X. leden van Xbox Game Pass kunnen ook met de volledige game aan de slag.
Patch Notes Redfall Update 2
This patch brings a Performance Mode to Xbox Series X|S, stealth takedowns, new controller settings, Accessibility improvements, and much more. Explore an even more dangerous Redfall with an increased open world enemy population and new encounters. Read on for the full list of fixes and additions included in the update.
PERFORMANCE & STABILITY
- Enabled Performance Mode on Xbox Series X|S.
- Improved PC performance and stability across a wide range of hardware configuration
- Addressed several edge-case memory crashes.
- Addressed graphical corruption issue with changing resolution with AMD GPUs.
- Fixed an issue with resetting Game Settings to their default values while in Windowed display on a second monitor.
- The anti-aliasing setting is now hidden in Video Settings while AMD FSR 2.1 upscaling is enabled.
- Various performance improvements made to Hero abilities, weapons, and general game systems.
- Various fixes to support Hero abilities triggering properly despite environmental factors like ladders, death mist, electrocution, and more.
- Improvements to player navigation and collision across both Redfall Commons and Burial Point.
- Weapons with silencers, or silenced muzzle attachments, now reflect their “silent” state in tooltips.
- Silenced weapons generate less noise, and are less likely to alert nearby enemies.
- Vault and Mantle indicators now display in the HUD when a surface can be vaulted over, or mantled.
- The Mission Briefing Table now better delineates between Main Missions and Optional Missions.
- Functional improvements to compass markers and objective search areas to behave more consistently.
- Historical Markers now display on the Map in their locked state once players complete the introductory missions in Redfall Commons and Burial Point.
- Improved the readability of ammo purchasing.
- Added an off-screen indicator when Bribón is downed.
- Fixed an issue where objective search areas were blocking fast travel actions while using the Map.
- The Text-to-Speech hotkey now displays at all times when active.
- Player reporting now shows a loading indicator when submitting.
- Clarified the achievement description for Rum Runner.
- Improvements to Screen Narration:
- Narration updates when a Multiplayer Lobby state changes between Ready and Unready.
- Support when the text entry field is open. Narration updates every seven seconds if the field remains open.
- Narrates “Back” and “Friends” menu controls on all pages of the Settings menu.
- Support within the Username input field for the “Add Crossplay Friends” sub-menu.
- Fixed an issue where players would be prompted to “Press Enter” when focused on the Username input field in the “Add Bethesda.net Friends” sub-menu.
- Support for navigation control in Hero Select and System Select menus.
- Narrates game invites and friend request notifications.
- When selecting a locked difficulty, the screen describes the difficulty type as “Locked”.
- When selecting an unlocked difficulty, the screen narrator will narrate “Difficulty Selected”.
- Main Menu’s System tooltip displays “System” only, and will narrate “System” in both Main and System menus.
- Hover support for all buttons and links, both digital and analog inputs.
- Narration support when pings are placed or removed from the world.
- Fixed several issues with screen narration in Bethesda.Net modals:
- Removed incorrect prompt to “Press Enter” to input email address, username, and/or password when logging in.
- Bethesda.net account Help menu now supports proper narration.
- Narration Support in the Bethesda.Net Updated Agreement.
- Exiting a Multiplayer Lobby now properly reads “Close”, instead of “Quit” or “Leave Lobby” when the Friends List is open.
- Lobby labeling now visually and audibly differentiates between Singleplayer and Multiplayer.
- Added a secondary sensory method in the Archive to indicate focus on the scroll bar.
- Improved photosensitivity work in the following areas:
- Firing the Clacker Unrivaled weapon in ADS near a red emergency light.
- Flashing environment light bloom caused by weapon fire.
- Vampire death and disintegration.
- Remi’s Cluster Bomb C4 explosions detonating in rapid succession.
- Summoning Layla’s Lift with other players standing nearby.
- Numerous improvements to default Aim-Assist and Dead Zone tuning, and more options for players to customize these settings for both Controller and Keyboard/Mouse.
- Arkane Recommendations:
- For fast paced multiplayer FPS fans – Check out Medium, High, or Linear Input Response Presets as they tend to feel faster and more responsive overall.
- For slower single player FPS fans – Check out Default, Low, or Medium Input Response Presets as the slower response curves tend to feel like you have a little more precision over your aim.
- Increasing/decreasing your Controller Sensitivity from the Input Response Presets default value will directly increase/decrease your overall left/right turning speeds.
- For players who turn up their Controller Sensitivity, consider trying out Default/Strong/Very Strong Aim Assist Strength and ADS Snap Strength if you would like that assistance.
- For players who turn down their Controller Sensitivity, try Very Weak/Weak/Default Aim Assist Strength and ADS Snap Strength presets to prevent it from feeling like you are fighting for control over your aim.
- Tinkering with the Input Response Preset setting is a great first step to help you find the controller settings that work best for you.
- Arkane Recommendations:
- During the Settling In mission, Anna Creelman will now fill the player’s pistol, shotgun, and assault rifle ammunition.
- Added new Vampire Nest spawns to Old Town and Sedgewick neighborhoods.
- Added a tutorial blade and Archive entry for Psychic Residue.
- Remi’s C4 no longer remains in the world after exploding.
- Various fixes for mission objective persistence.
- Added mission dialogue for Fall Like Lightning.
- Players can now sneak up and take down unaware Cultists & Bellwether enemies with staked weapons.
- Increased open world enemy population and mission encounter balancing.
- Added unique open world enemy encounters in Redfall Commons.
- Added elements of light or reflective clothing to vampire and human NPCs to aid in visibility during the night.
- Increased ammo pickups in areas surrounding the Fire Station to help new players maintain early-game resources.
- Enemies now reposition to avoid friendly fire.
- Bribón is now guaranteed to shock nearby enemies while using Siren with the Robot Rock skill activated.
- Remi will now be alerted when–and where–Bribón is downed.
- Fixed several scenarios where enemies could become stuck in an idle state and stop engaging with the player.
- Sights and silencer barrels have been updated to improve reticle visibility.
- Sights using a green emissive have been tuned so they aren’t as bright at night.
- Scale and positioning of magazines has been improved to prevent clipping and other animation issues.
- Improved Rook combat behavior in the Black Sun boss arena.
- References to the Burial Point district have been added into the Map, and other locations in the Redfall Commons district.
- Improved the lighting presentation in the Black Sun boss arena.
- Improved visual fidelity for psychic space butterflies, fog pockets, the Black Sun’s glowing sigil, and various water effects.
- Added visually distinct player indicators and markers for Multiplayer sessions, and unique co-op ping color for each player in the squad.
- Improved player ping visibility.
- The Light’s Out achievement will now be awarded in multiplayer only if the Lost in the Fog mission is active.