Oddworld Inhabitants lanceert vandaag de game Oddworld Soulstorm voor de PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 en de PC. Om de lancering te vieren is de onderstaande launch trailer vrijgegeven.
Oddworld: Soulstorm is gedurende de maand april 2021 voor €0 te claimen voor leden van PlayStation Plus op een PlayStation 5. Op de PS4 en Epic Games Store heeft de game een prijskaartje van €49,99.
De key features van de game zijn als volgt:
- Action Adventure Platforming – Evolving the platforming genre by adding RPG-lite elements with player agency to play as they like, whether aggressively or passively.
- Narrative – A dark storyline with a twisted sense of humor that shines a light on the ironies that exist in the human condition.
- 2.9D – Epic environments with massive scale to explore by going into the world, rather than being limited to the traditional side scrolling platformer sense.
- Quarma (think Karma) – Quarma is a real time feedback feature that reflects your actions in the game and will influence Abe, his followers, his abilities, and your score throughout the game.
- Scavenger’s Economy – Pickpocket enemies, loot lockers, sift through trash cans to acquire resources. Exchange them at vending machines to get products that give you more agency in how you chose to conquer the game’s many challenges.
- Crafting – Use scavenged resources and vending machine products to craft items to use as weapons or tools against characters and obstacles.
- Strength in Numbers – The more followers you save, the stronger the uprising becomes. Gift crafted items to followers. It’s up to you to decide whether they will be aggressive or passive.
- Gameplay – A 2.9D action adventure platformer. Expected first time playthrough is estimated at 15 hours. Achievement hunters and perfectionists can easily play for dozens of hours.
- Leaderboards – All levels offer a tallying system, leaderboards, achievements, and badges.